Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Surviving Medical School

Medical School is HARD. Lonely. Discouraging. Overwhelming. Never - ending. Disappointing. Time Consuming. Awful. Trust me, I could easily go on! We are at the beginning of our second year and it has been a tough year (all four weeks) for us. We have had a lot additional challenges on top of school in the last month, and I feel like I have been rapidly approaching my limit.

Today was not a good day for me. Paul took a test this morning, (his third in four weeks) and I spent the day feeling miserable. By the time Paul walked in the door, he was greeted by hungry, tired, sick kids and a crying wife. Welcome home! I sent a message to a friend about my day - looking for support and friendship.

Ally and McKenzie showed up a couple hours later with this!


They found me not dressed, watching crap TV, in a messy house .... basically the epitome of pathetic. They didn't make me feel stupid or guilty for being a mess - just grateful to have such awesome friends. Not only that, but they let me vent, completely incoherently, about my day, and life, and medical school. They brought a lot of support, encouragement, and love and made my week!

I can honestly say the only thing that has gotten me through our first year and this year so far are my friends. I believe Paul and I came to this school so that I would have my girlfriends. These girls are my life line. I am so blessed to have them in my life and so grateful the Lord knew that I would need each of them and brought them here for me.

Now - I am going to watch a chick flick, eat chocolate, and get ready to face reality again tomorrow. I feel like now I can go back to surviving!


1 comment: