Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Preschool

Vienna starts school next year! Can you believe it? Typically, Vienna would be starting preschool this fall. Cue the debate - should we vs. shouldn't we?!? I was leaning towards - shouldn't.  This is my last year with her. My last chance to have exclusive teaching and influence on her before I expose her to - I don't even know!!! Fortunately, I was spared making a final decision when I investigated the cost of preschool. Prohibitive. End of discussion.

I was relieved at first, knowing I could keep her with me one more year. But being me - I also feel guilty thinking that I could be holding her back and negatively influencing her future. Being a parent is hard - its hard to make decisions for my kids' lives!

My solution - preschool at home! I did this off and on last year - but this year my goal is to be really consistent so that V is ready to take on Kindergarten - preschool-less. Wish us all luck! I am going to try to post about what we are doing with school. This is a huge part of each of our days, and some of my favorite time with the girls.

What is your solution/opinion on preschool? Any tips for things we should be covering?

1 comment:

  1. I've been leaning towards the same thing. I believe that if a parent is dedicated to teaching their child and still allows time for their kid to socialize and interact with others, then they can prepare them for kindergarten. That's just my opinion, though.

    I sent these links to a friend the other day.

    http://www.icanteachmychild.com/2012/03/71-things-your-child-needs-to-know-before-kindergarten/

    http://www.uen.org/core/prek/index.shtml

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete