Pages

Monday, August 20, 2012

Honesty

February 29 2012 was my last blog. It's been a while.

I was talking to one of my closest friends, who inspired me to start a blog and who wondered what happened to my "inspired" blog. I told her (in a way I can't tell most people) that my life was tough enough with out faking it online. I was too tired to maintain an all positive, couldn't be more perfect, 'I make a six course meal every night and custom center piece to match' lifestyle. I can't compete or even compare to the LDS Blogosphere ideal - so why I am I even trying?

Ironically - the original purpose of this blog was not to compete or compare with that elusive (yet remarkably in your face) standard I was falling short of; I was supposed to be keeping friends and family up to date with our lives - particularly our kids.

So I am resetting and restarting. I am not going to try to pretend that things in my life are perfect all the time because honestly they never are. Of course I will probably post mostly the positive stuff, but I like the freedom of knowing that I don't have to - or more importantly want to.

If you are looking for a perfect blog about a perfect family with perfect children whose hair gets combed everyday and they wear perfectly clean and matching clothes (heck even clothes) everyday - this is not that blog. I have no intention of trying to be super inspiring or give unsolicited advice on "How to buy groceries for an entire year in one 1/2 hour shopping trip - sorry wrong blog.

If you are looking for perfect. Google it. Trust me they are everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment