Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Pinterest


Unless you are living under a rock - you have heard of Pinterest. I heard of this a long time ago and finally joined and started pinning a few weeks ago. Since I am a copycat - I very rarely, if ever 'create' something original. I enjoy finding ideas on Pinterest. But there are some things that I think are CRAZY about Pinterest:

1. Birthdays:
Via - tiffanybillsdesign.blogspot.com

Maybe a little much for a first birthday? Or any kid birthday......I mean seriously!! I love to have birthday parties for my kids but this is a little much for me. Every possible theme by year and gender can be found and some make the above look simple and understated. Who spends $50 on party favors? 

2.  Hair:

This is probably because I am HORRIBLE at doing anything besides a basic ponytail. Poor V and B. I will not be doing their hair, or mine, like this anytime soon. Even though "they" say this style takes minutes and is super easy it looks like an entire army of hairdressers wielding curling irons and straighteners and an entire ozone of hairspray were involved.... 

Via - girlydohairstyles.com
                  
3. The four hundred people who re-pinned that couldn't possible have made it right? RIGHT???

Via - cs.uofs.com
4. Beauty Tips: Some of these are brilliant some of them leave me speechless...


Via - 500px.com



5.  From now on, anytime I give someone a cute gift, make a dinner, actually complete a pinned project - all of my friends and family will say - "Oh, from Pinterest right?"

For me, the trick is to let Pinterest live in 'perfect world.' Where my neatly organized boards highlight what my life would be like if I didn't have 3 kids, a husband, a house, only two hands, a need to sleep, a budget, etc. When I close the internet I am back in "real life". No sense comparing the two.

And, in case you were wondering, I did stop mid-post to pin something.....twice....it's a love - hate relationship.....

No comments:

Post a Comment