Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Let them eat pie......

I finally attempted to make pie on my own - on my own meaning that my mom and mother-in-law both received somewhat frantic phone calls during the process. (Good thing they are always available when I get ideas like this..) My conclusion after the first try is that it is a good thing I didn't need to take my pie anywhere and that I wasn't the key to the first Thanksgiving dinner cause the Indians probably would have let the pioneers starve.....

I learned a lot though and I think I will attempt the pie thing one more time (I will need to do this like a hundred more times). In the mean time I appreciated Paul's enthusiasm about my first try and my girl's ability to love anything with raspberry's and ice cream.

You all have permission to laugh at this pie - don't worry I got a kick out of it to! :)

I think the worst part of this is the crust - I tried to do this beautiful edge
like my mom does - I have no explanation for what happened....

The hilariousness of this pie crust is lost in print. Some of the edges are
barely an inch high and it is like three times thicker than my mom's
crust I OBVIOUSLY need WAY MORE practice






No comments:

Post a Comment