Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Award for "Dirtiest Kid Ever!" goes to......

When you are in the hospital with your brand new baby you get to see all of these sweet newborn reflexes that are so fun to discover. One reflex they failed to mention, at least to me, was the dirty reflex. My girls have this amazing talent to become filthy in nothing flat. In fact, if you ever want to see my kids looking like they have a mom, you really need to catch them at 7:30 in the morning, after that - no guarantees.


Knowing this, it should come as no surprise, when I took my  children to our family reunion in the Big Horn Mountains that this was the result:



This is our cousin Alex who is NOT dirty compared to Bristol


Doubt me now?

Just getting started......

Speechless.....
  My life holds few distinctions, but I think I may safely boast that I have two of the dirtiest children in the country!

Our reunion this year was so fun! Becky and Kara did a FABULOUS job arranging everything. We went up to the mountains on Wednesday and stayed through Saturday. We had amazing weather, incredible food, and plenty of dirt! (At least it wasn't mud.....)


Some of our incredible food was hot dogs? There were other, more incredible
meals but I only got a picture of this one. Vienna's hot dogs never did cook at
that height - she ate them kind of cold but she did it all by herself!
Bristol and Abby playing with the princesses


Bristol stole this pop from Grandpa during lunch. He set it down on the table
and she walked over, picked it up, tasted it, decided she liked it and took
it. So Grandpa reached over for his pop to find it missing and one
very happy grand daughter

Vienna - I am not sure whose pop she stole but she spilled it like
10 seconds after this picture

Bristol and Aubrey discovered this box underneath Grandma and Grandpa Henderson's
camper - full of leftover fruit snacks from our hike. What a great find!

One of our annual (Remember this is my family so the annual-ness of this event could easily end) events is a hike. Vienna hiked the entire way herself! She was really tired and by the end she kept asking to be held. We got the chance to talk about how she can do hard things and we sang Pioneer Children like million times. By the end she was so proud of herself and BONUS she went right to sleep that night!


All the cousins getting ready for the hike
Hiking


Hudson's version of hiking




At the "top" (i.e. when parents are ready to stop carrying kids up a mountain) we had a picnic lunch.

On Friday the Wardell Family Reunion started and one of the activities is racing. Bristol won her race and Vienna, who suffered a huge blister earlier in the week, was wearing boots and lost but she didn't care after Grandma Henderson gave her a PINK sucker!




Unfortunately my camera died so I missed pictures of fishing, and the jelly bean spitting contest - yes you read that correctly. I am proud to say that I spit the furthest of any other girl, except Betsy who I think cheated...., so if anyone ever needs a jelly bean spit then I am your girl!!!! Maybe not the most useful talent.....

When asked later what their favorite part of the Mountains were, V and B both said the puppy. Aunt Judy's dog is the nicest, best behaved dog ever!! Every year this dog is mauled and she just sits there.


Bristol sharing Toffy's house

Vienna last year with the same puppy

We are so grateful to have such a fun, amazing family! We love this reunion and can't wait to get back next year. By then Hudson can compete in the dirtiest kid contest - I wonder if he can beat Bristol?

No comments:

Post a Comment