Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Let's go to the Movies

Paul and I have talked about taking our kids to the movies for ages but we always chickened out until now. Tangled is playing in the dollar theater so we decided to risk alienating and annoying the entire theater and took all three kids. When we told the girls we were going to the theater Vienna asked "Where is that?" I explained then, "We have a movie here mom..." I explained that we were going to the movies like they do in Annie. I spent the rest of the morning singing "Let's go to the Movies." I swear I sang that song more than Annie has in her entire existence!

Going to the Movies!
We had a few technical difficulties:
  1. The movie was only shown in 3D - like my three year and two year old were going to wear 3D glasses for the entire movie.....
  2. Vienna and Bristol are too small to sit in the seats - We learned this after Bristol got folded into hers, so Paul held Hudson, I held Bristol, and we each used one hand to hold Vienna's chair down.
  3. Vienna had to stand on her chair for the whole movie because she was too short sitting down
  4. Vienna provided a running commentary throughout the movie "Look, she has long golden hair" "She is so pretty" while Bristol continually asked ""What's happening?"
  5. Why can't you watch the movie again when it is over?
We all had a great time and I think we might actually take them back (always a good sign)!


Vienna
After the movie the girls "played" in the arcade in the front of the theater. I asked them separately if I could take their pictures with their glasses on and they both put the glasses on upside down.....no wonder they didn't wear them for the whole movie!



Bristol

 They were also too big.....



Hudson was WONDERFUL during the movie


No comments:

Post a Comment