Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

And we're back

Well I don't know about you, but my life has been crazy for the last several weeks. We packed, went on vacation, unpacked, did laundry, packed moved, unpacked and my clothes baskets are overflowing! We are starting to have some semblance of normalcy around here so I am back! I have weeks and weeks to catch up on so stay posted. For now - check out our new home!





The kitchen is, well it's a kitchen - the highlight are the cute decorations that my sister Karen planned, made, and designed. I love how it turned out and it was less than 10 dollars for the entire thing!










When I first got this picture framed Grandma Walker told me that I should hang it above my fireplace - which I didn't have. Now it hangs above the fireplace as instructed!



 Okay, so this is the view when you walk in the front door. Kitchen and dining to the right and living room on the left. If you walk through the doorway our room and bathroom are on the right and the kids' room and bathroom are on the left.


Notice the empty picture frame? We took family pictures before we moved
and we are waiting for the proofs - until then, there are a lot  of empty
frames in our house. Paul thinks it is very strange.

 This is the master bedroom - someday I will have a beautiful quilt to hang on this shelf...someday






Master Bathroom:



Master Bathroom


 Paul comes in and says, "Do you know about the grass bush thing in the bathroom?" I say, "I love it! Don't you?" He thinks for a minute and then says, "What's it for?"


Kid's Room:

So we got rid of our super cute brown and pink girl's room because Hudson moved in. We, well really me and my sister not so much Paul, at all, decided to do a bright KIDS room. Here is the result:




Hudson's bed


We put jungle stickers around the top of the room. This is the
fastest way to decorate a room and when you move, just peel them
off!!


More empty frames :) and a fun magnet board. The lion on the
wall isn't usually there but the girls were helping me put the border on
the wall - they do good work!


The bunk beds!


Thank you Karen for the idea and Mom for making it!




This is the kids' bathroom!


I love our new toy room! We converted the kids' walk-in closet. What a relief to not have toys out in the front room all day long. Plus if I don't want to clean I just shut the door....


The brown toy chest was 5 dollars at DI - Bristol asked me the other
night if she could sleep in the toy box instead of
her bed.
We are loving our new house and loving Colorado! Come visit everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment